TRE BY ROBERTO RELLA: ANOTHER TRYST WITH ROBERTO
I have a story to tell!
The venue on the invitation read – TRE by Roberto Rella and I knew I just had to be part of the special Business Lunch preview which would launch post Eid.
INTRODUCTION: A relatively new baby (opened end-April 2015) to the dining scene in Dubai, TRE by Roberto Rella is a beautiful three-storied restaurant nestled high above Sheikh Zayed Road on the 49th – 51st floors of Radisson Royal Hotel that serves traditional Italian cuisine with Mediterranean influences.
PREAMBLE: Before I talk about the food that I tried at TRE, I have to tell you a story (I love telling stories!). A few years ago, my husband and I had a birthday to celebrate (HIS, not mine) and we wanted somewhere cozy, with a beautiful view, preferably outdoors and since we both enjoy Italian food, we thought, why not Italian? Now came what I thought would be the difficult decision – where! But Google, reviews and chit-chat with girlfriends came to my rescue and all arrows pointed me to a restaurant at DIFC called Roberto’s. So in a way, my tryst with Roberto Rella did not begin with TRE, I just did not know it.
THE SETTING: Catering to different moods and occasions, from a restaurant vibe to a chilled out jazz bar and a relaxed lounge area, each of the 3 floors which TRE offers you a different experience. (I would have loved to have visited The King’s Room in the Lounge where I have heard a beautiful grand golden throne awaits.. but alas it is closed during Ramadan).
NOW FOR THE STORY
We were given a preview to some of the dishes that will find their way onto the set Business Lunch that TRE post Eid with the menu changing every week.
CHAPTER 1: Antipasti/Insalate/Zuppe
- Burratina: Parma Ham, burratina cheese, semi dried figs, balsamic paste.
- Calamaro & Gamberi: Deep fried calamari, shrimps and zucchini with tartar sauce.
- Giardino: Mix lettuce, topinambur artichokes, beetroot, fennel.
- Parmigiana: Eggplant, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella, basil.
- Tomino: Grilled Tomino cheese, smoked eggplant, brown butter and white balsamic vinegar sauce.
- Passata: Blended vegables soup crispy pancetta.
My Magnifico choices would be Calamaro & Gamberi, Burratina and the Parmigiana
CHAPTER 2: Risotti/Pasta/Pesce/Carne
- Risotto: King Prawns and asparagus.
- Branzino: Pan fried sea bass, mix mushroom, tomatoes concasse.
- Ravioloni: Mascarpone and green pea ravioli and hazelnut butter.
My Magnifico choice would be the Risotto because of the sheer number of fellow bloggers who ordered it and raved about it (I personally tried the Branzino).
CHAPTER 3: Dolce
- Pera: Poached pear and sorbet, ginger crumble and vanilla cream cheese.
- Chocolate Truffle: Valrhona dark chocolate, almond and hazelnut praline ice cream, passion fruit sauce.
- Torta: Almond cake, rhubarb compote and strawberry.
- Cannolo Siciliano: Cannolo filled with sheep ricotta cheese, candied fruits, pistachio and chocolate shavings.
My Magnifico choices would most definitely be the Torta and the Pera.
The food choices were perfect for lunch-time: light, delicious and a great choice. And what can I say about the view – when you sit on the 49th floor you feel like you are on top of the world with the busy traffic on Sheikh Zayed Road below zipping past in absolute silence. The Business Lunch is great value for money with 2 courses for AED 105 and 3 courses for AED 125.
DISCLOSURE: To be honest and fair I must inform you that I was invited to review TRE by Roberto Rella in exchange for a complimentary meal. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are truly my own.
Location: TRE by Roberto Rella, Radisson Royal Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road. Timing: 12:00 – 3:00pm, 7:00pm – 3:00 am Tel: +971 4 404 7700.